Walking with a donkey
- Le Nistos
Walking with a donkey, overnight bivouac in the Nistos valley
Set your rhythm to that of the donkeys as you explore the lush green Nistos valley. Your guide, Bruno, will find the best possible spot to set up your bivouac. The children will enjoy some lovely moments around the camp fire with the animals as company, then its time for the barbeque and to admire the Milky Way.On the map
From 538 € /family Based on 2 adults + 2 children
- 2 days/1 night in bivouac, full board
- 2 days guided walk with a donkey. Easy level.
to book this holiday package or receive informations
- Enjoying the company of the animals
- Privileged moments around the camp fire
- An fantastic family adventure
- A lovely unspoiled and protected natural setting
Meet at 130 pm at Bize with your guide and his donkeys. After preparing your long-eared friend, who will be carrying all the equipment for your bivouac, it is time to set off on the footpaths. You only have to carry the necessary items needed during the day. As you advance Bruno will explain all the history and the secrets of this lovely valley. After three hours walking you will set up camp in a superb natural setting, arranging your tents around the camp fire where you will also be enjoying your evening barbeque.
The second day continues at the same idyllic pace to eventually return to Bize and the end of the adventure.
Igloo style tents are provided by your guide.
With its superb natural setting a visit here will take you back in time, all the way from the computer age to prehistoric times. Take a walk up Monte Erge or a stroll to the Calvaire du Mont Ares... Visit the Gargas caves, famous throughout the world due to the wall paintings of over 200 hands, all with missing fingers, nobody has ever understood why. Visit also the brand new digitalised Interpretation Centre, the Pic du Midi motorway halt to try the Pentascope, or a break the Maison de Savoir, innovative and welcoming.
You will adore
- Gargas, the cave network with its mysterious hand paintings and the new Interpretation Centre
- An original walk to the Calvaire du Mont Ares with its 12 chapels, or the walk up Mont Erge
- The Pentascope of the Pic du Midi at the A64 motorway halt of the same name, where you can watch the films 'Guetteurs d'etoiles' which tells the story of the first pioneers at the Pic
- The convivial cafe in the village of Aneres with entertainments on the 22nd of each month
- The proximity to Toulouse, la ville rose.
- From 538 € /family -
- Based on 2 adults + 2 children
The price includes
1 night in a bivouac, full board ; evening barbeque, breakfast and picnic on the 2nd day - 2 days guided walk with a donkey - All equipment ; tent, sleeping mat, eating utensils - Booking fee.
The price does not include
Sleeping bag - Personal equipment - Snacks - Cancellation insurance.
From May to September
If you do not have sleeping bags etc., they can be hired from Bruno