Walks to meet the marmots
- Argelès-Gazost, Hautacam, Val d'Azun
Walks in the Val d'Azun, meet the marmots
In the Val d'Azun marmots can be found on the higher hillsides. This small mammal can often be seen in family groups, their whistle gives away their presence. They can be seen running across the hillsides and sheltering under boulders. Your guide knows all the best spots to observe them and you should be able to get close to this fascinating spectacle.On the map
From 200 € /family Based on 2 adults + 2 children
- 2 days/1 night in 3 star hotel, half board
- 1 half-day walk with a guide to observe the marmots - Easy level of walking
to book this holiday package or receive informations
- Follow in the steps of your guide
- Watch and approach the marmots, listen to their whistling, try and feed them but remember they are vegetarian!
Arrival at the end of the aftermoon. Dinner and night in your hotel.
Breakfast. Meet at 2.00 pm with your guide. Guided walk.
Very confortable hotel in a rural setting
This very comfortable hotel has the perfect location in the verdant Azun valley, its heated swimming pool is a real plus after a day in the mountains.
This 3 star hotel in the village of Aucun offers the ideal spot from which to explore. The village of Aucun with the typical slates roofs of its picturesque houses has great views over the mountains and is the starting point for many walks. Your eyes are irresistably drawn to the surrounding summits - the Pic de Pan, Gabizos, Pic de Midi d'Arrens... Your host Regis will offer all sorts of good advice and entertain you with many local anecdotes of these mountains... And when you are comfortable installed on the edge of the swimming pool after a lovely day in the hills maybe you will even remember their names...
Has 44 bedrooms, restaurant, indoor heated pool, terrace, garden, tennis courts, volleyball, crazy golf, parking.
2 x 140 cms double bed
Argelès-Gazost, Hautacam, Val d'Azun
In a gentle mountain setting, Argeles Gazost is a popular holiday destination, easily accessed, with many amenities, it is the ideal base to explore all the charms of the Pyrenees and particularly the Grand Sites. Close by is the beautiful Azun valley, unchanged and authentic…
You will adore
- Argeles Gazost, a small spa town with a beautiful valley location.
- The superb range of activities for families.
- A charming way-marked walking path from the square in St Savin to the Notre Dame de Pietat chapel and a superb view over the valley
- The intimacy of the Azun valley with its many mountain villages
- The diversity of the flora and the fauna at the Pibeste Nature Reserve
- From 200 € /family -
- Based on 2 adults + 2 children
The price includes
1 night in 3 star hotel, half board – 1 half day's walking with a mountain guide - Booking fee.
The price does not include
Local taxes - Transport - Personal expenses.
The walks take place each Thursday from the 13th July
A valley with so much to do...
The Pyrenees Animal Park - marmots, otters, isard, squirrels, foxes, bears... The Donjon des Aigles falconry centre where raptors and parrots provide the show, flying free from a mediaeval fortress. The Lau Folies water park, the Mountain Luge at Hautacam, all the thrills of a bobsleigh run but in summer. The treetop adventure park, the fantastic aerial runway at the Col du Soulor.