Bivouac at Mont Aspet
- The Nistos valley
Guided walk with a bivouac, watch the sun set over the Pyrenees
The Mont Aspet offers a fabulous view over Nistos. Here the Pyrenees are at your feet, it is the perfect spot for a bivouac. As the sun sets the panorama is constantly evolving in the golden evening light, whilst the horizon ebbs and flows. As night falls a thousand stars become the main attraction, settle into your duvet, sweet dreams. It is a magical moment.On the map
From 129 € /person Based on 2 persons
- 2 days/1 night in a bivouac, half-board
- 2 half day's walking with a mountain guide
- Itinerant walks, only carrying personal effects. Easy level of walks
to book this holiday package or receive informations
- Easy walking for all
- Barbeque, a night under the stars with a fabulous panorama and a brilliant sunset
- Take your breakfast as the sun climbs back over the mountains
Meet your guide at 3pm in front of the St Laurent de Neste tourist office, transfer by car to the start of the walk. After an easy walk through the Nistos forest you set up your bivouac and enjoy a barbeque before setting off for the summit of Mont Aspet (30 mins walk) to discover the remarkable panorama over the Nistos valley. Magical moments as you contemplate the sunset before descending back to your bivouac for the night.
Breakfast at the bivouac site as the morning sun starts to climb then descend back to your transport.
Bivouac in a tent
With its superb natural setting a visit here will take you back in time, all the way from the computer age to prehistoric times. Take a walk up Monte Erge or a stroll to the Calvaire du Mont Ares... Visit the Gargas caves, famous throughout the world due to the wall paintings of over 200 hands, all with missing fingers, nobody has ever understood why. Visit also the brand new digitalised Interpretation Centre, the Pic du Midi motorway halt to try the Pentascope, or a break the Maison de Savoir, innovative and welcoming.
You will adore
- Gargas, the cave network with its mysterious hand paintings and the new Interpretation Centre
- An original walk to the Calvaire du Mont Ares with its 12 chapels, or the walk up Mont Erge
- The Pentascope of the Pic du Midi at the A64 motorway halt of the same name, where you can watch the films 'Guetteurs d'etoiles' which tells the story of the first pioneers at the Pic
- The convivial cafe in the village of Aneres with entertainments on the 22nd of each month
- The proximity to Toulouse, la ville rose
- From 129 € /person -
- Based on 2 persons
The price includes
1 night in a bivouac, half-board (BBQ and breakfast) - 2 half day guided walks with a guide - Tents and sleeping mats - Booking fee.
The price does not include
Personal equipment - Snacks - Cancellation insurance.
Spring Summer Autumn 2017
From April to September
Your guide thinks of everything! Duvet and sleeping mats provided for those who dream of such a bivouac but who don't have the equipment.