A weekend in the canyons of Gavarnie
Weekend canyoning in Gavarnie
Come and explore the canyons of the Hautes Pyrenees. At Gavarnie it is time to move into aquatic mode! Deep turquoise pools to leap into, natural water slides.... Dive, swim, wade, all is permitted and all such fun, go with the current and enjoy this wonderful refreshing experience.On the map
From 274 € /person Based on 2 persons
- 2 days/2 nights in 3 star hotel, half board
- 2 days canyoning with a guide. Easy level.
to book this holiday package or receive informations
- A qualified guide explains all the techniques and supplies all the necessary material - neoprene suits, helmets, neopren shoes, ropes etc -
- Exciting aquatic descents down the mountain torrents
Arrival and settle into your hotel. Dinner and night.
Breakfast. Day canyoning with your qualified instructor. Dinner and night.
Breakfast and departure of the hotel. Day canyoning with your qualified instructor.
Elegant Belle Epoque style hotel in Luz Saint Sauveur
Located in the centre of the traditional village of Luz Saint Sauveur, on the way to the Grand Sites of the Cirque de Gavarnie and the Col du Tourmalet, this attractive 19th century hotel invites you to travel back to another era of elegance and style. Its sunny terrace overlooks the Gave river and offers over a superb view over the slate roofs of the village to the Bareges valley with the Pic du Midi on the horizon. The restaurant has large bay windows from where one can equally admire the surrounding mountains. Pigeon lofts, carved balustrades, the ambience and decor of the restaurant... everything is Belle Epoque. The restaurant serves traditional fare - garbure, confit de canard, grilled local lamb. A delight to come back to after a day's skiing or from exploring the mountains in summer.
Has 28 rooms, either doubles, twins or family rooms, many have balconies. There is a shaded garden, a lounge, garage for cycles and motorbikes, a terrace, free wi-fi, lift, private parking. Animals are admitted.
Your double room:
Spacious and recently renovated with taste and modernity, it offers every comfort. The adjoining bathroom with its elegant washbasin with fountain taps, and the paved shower offer a real touch of design.
It has a 160 cms bed, bathroom with hairdryer, toilets. Flat screen TV.
Adjoining the National Park of Ordesa Mont Perdu and the fabulous Ara and Anisclo canyons in Spain, the Cirque de Gavarnie is the most famous and the most spectacular of the three French cirques...the others being Troumouse and Estaube. Gavarnie is a World Heritage site and is probably the most famous natural arena in the world, but all three cirques just have to be visited. 50 million years ago water and glacial erosion created these natural ‘cirques’ with a remarkable perfection. Gavarnie has 16 summits of over 3000 meters and the highest waterfall in Europe, it possesses a magnificent beauty. This once hidden area «resembles nothing that is found anywhere else» wrote Victor Hugo. It is accessible throughout the year.
You will adore
- The Cirque de Gavarnie, a mythical and world famous site - the magnificent view towards the Cirque from Gavarnie village - the easy footpath which can be followed on foot or horseback leading to the Hotellerie at the Cirque - the sheer walls which reach over 3000 meters and a great place to admire the Grande Cascade with its drop of drop of 432 meters - the Cirque de Troumouse, the largest cirque - the easy walk to the statue of the virgin which dominates the Cirque and offers a fine perspective, it is also a great place to watch marmots - the ambience of Gavarnie village, the 'little Chamonix' - the Gavarnie festival on the plateau beneath the cirque, in July each year.
- From 274 € /person -
- Based on 2 persons
The price includes
2 nights in 3 star hotel, half board - 2 days canyoning with a guide (material provided - neoprene suit, helmets, neoprene shoes, all ropes, baudriers etc) - Booking fee.
The price does not include
Picnics (days 2 and 3) - Cancellation insurance - Local taxes.
Spring Summer Autumn 2017
Close to these Grand Sites
The Pyrenees National Park, the Pic du Midi, the Col du Tourmalet, some of the jewels of the Pyrenees are easily reached from here. Discover the very best of the Hautes Pyrenees!
Try the soothing spa waters
Immerse yourself in the naturally warm waters of Luzea in Luz Saint Sauveur, you could even try a massage with chocolate or with butterscotch, strictly for gourmets!