A night on the summit
- Pic d Midi - Grand Tourmalet
Ski weekend and night at the summit of the Pic du Midi
With eyes in the stars and skis entwined magical moments are made. Time stands still when you’re at Pic du Midi. Everything you see there is more beautiful! Snow-capped mountains unseen from elsewhere, panoramic landscapes, simmering dishes... Lose yourself in the stunning views over the horizon between the viewing terraces and the stars as if in a dream. On returning to the slopes, you’ll enjoy every passing moment spent gliding through new terrains.On the map
From 290 € /person Based on 2 persons
- 1 night at the Pic du Midi, half-board
- Cable car access, access to purpose-built viewing terraces (1000 m2) with guide, access to the “Hyper-belvédère” footbridge, planetarium session and visitor centre
- 2 day ski pass for the Grand Tourmalet resort
to book this holiday package or receive informations
- The best panorama of the range is from the Pic du Midi
- Sunset and sunrise from the summit
- A delicious dinner tasting local produce
- A fascinating evening with an astronomer
- A night under the stars
A night with your head amongst the stars! Set off by cable-car for this fantastic adventure at 2877 meters of altitude, your destination is the Pic du Midi with its working observatory. Your evening will be exceptional- a delicious dinner of local produce then star observation accompanied by an astronomer, before your night at the summit. As you fall asleep you might not know that the best is yet to come, a magnificent sunrise reveals a panorama which will leave you speechless, what a great ending to your adventure.
- Check in and ski session at Grand Tourmalet
- Cable car ride up Pic du Midi (until 5pm)
- Welcome drink
- Site visit (terraces and museum)
- Traditional dinner with produce sourced locally
- Astronomy display including star gazing with commentary from a professional guide and access to the Chavrin dome newly equipped with a 400mm Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Overnight stay at the summit in double bedroom
- Watching the sunrise over the Pyrenean mountains with Continental breakfast
- Trip to the domes of the scientific quarters
- Return via La Mongie in the morning
- Skiing at Grand Tourmalet before departure
We recommend that you bring warm clothing so you will be comfortable on the viewing terraces whilst you admire the view and the stars.
The height gain on the cable-car is 1077 m and the trip takes just 15 minutes.
Your accommodation at 2877 meters
Spend the night at Pic du Midi in the bedrooms of stargazers. These rooms have been completely renovated to offer maximum comfort. Large windows with views of the summits, wooden floors and white walls make the most of the panoramic views and light. Furnishings designed by Stark are slick and modern. A transparency and trick of the light allows the eye to focus solely on the landscape. Bedrooms are available as singles or doubles with WC. Bathrooms with showers and additional toilets are communal. Bed linen, duvets and towels are provided.
The Grand Tourmalet, your ski resort
The Grand Tourmalet ski resort has the largest ski area in the French Pyrenees.
On the Bareges side the ambience is of a typical Pyrenean village, on the La Mongie side you will find all the services of a 'foot of the slopes' resort in a high mountain setting. The Pic du Midi with its spectacular freeride descent forms part of the ski area. The Grand Tourmalet guarantees a grand skiing experience.
The Pic du Midi
Take the Pic du Midi cable car for a spectacular voyage to the summit at 2877 metres, where 750 m2 of viewing terraces await, marvel at the 360 degree panorama over the whole of the Pyrenees, the plains of the south west and even the Massif Central. The Pic du Midi also houses a famous astronomical observatory, a star museum (the highest museum in Europe) which explains the history of this exceptional site and the exploration of the universe.
- From 290 € /person -
- Based on 2 persons
The price includes
1 night at the summit of the Pic du Midi in a double room, half-board - 2 day ski pass for Grand Tourmalet - Booking fee.
The price does not include
Cancellation insurance - Personal expenses.
Ski the Grand Tourmalet
This ski resort has something for everyone ; a huge variety of scenery, wide sunny runs, forest runs, panoramic runs, snow park, exceptional freeride and freestyle possibilities, including the sensational descent of the Pic du Midi...